Amniosomes are special cells that can transform into other types of cells depending on how they’re stimulated. Stem cells can be found in different areas of the body, including fat tissue and bone tissue as well as the placenta and the amniotic fluid contained in the uterus during pregnancy. When amnion are injected into an area damaged by disease or injury, they can be coaxed to form new, healthy cells that the body can use to replace damaged cells.
What is Amnion Therapy?
Amnion therapy injects amnion allograft (tissue graft) directly into the site. It contains natural factors, called growth factors, for site specific use to modulate inflammation, reduce scar tissue formation, and enhance healing. Growth factors are powerful agents that our bodies produce to signal cells to come to the target site, help the site to heal, and help your own cells regenerate the damaged tissue.
Where is Amnion Therapy used?
Amnion therapy is widely used to treat many types of pain, including:
- Joint damage due to arthritis, including arthritis in the knees, hips and shoulders
- Meniscal tears and other damage in the knee joint and surrounding soft tissues
- Labral tears and other shoulder injuries
- Tendonitis and ligament strains
- Muscle and other soft tissue injuries
- Chronic neck and back pain
- Foot and heel pain
How soon will I see the results after an Amnion Therapy treatment?
Most patients experience maximum benefits in 3-4 weeks after treatment.